Saturday, August 7, 2010

Ring the Alarm


Power is something all of us want right? Do the right people in this world obtain Power? Can one individual have too much power? What is power? Power is defined as the ability or official capacity to exercise control; authority. Also it is defined as A person, group, or nation having great influence or control over others.




A couple of months ago I gushed about my love for Kanye West and his triumphant comeback performance at the BET Awards but I also urged people to listen to his new song Power. I said the lyrics spoke much volumes simply because you have to know something about Kanye West he is outspoken, rebellious, but also highly intelligent. He always leaves the music industry surprised with jaw dropping statements, sold out concerts, excellent album sales, you name it. Let's just say the video is no different if you haven't seen it yet go to Kanye West's website or some other source from the Internet. Already on Youtube I observed many comments and thoughts as well interpretations to the song and the concept behind the video. One person said  The only thing I could see that people could possible link was the Horus chain and pyramid ring he wore. The whole video is about being in power. The sword of damocles above his head symbolisies the threat that being in power has to oneself. The women come from with power but one of them was out to kill him from above.
 
The video is somewhat reminiscent to Micheal Angelo's "Sistine Chapel" well that it what I thought when I saw the clip it looked that depiction to me. It is captivating and intriguing but already judgement and negative thoughts have been shed on this video. This week Emniem also premiered his new video and people are saying it is better than Kanye's. I disagree no disrespect to Slim Shady but I'm a bigger fan of Kanye. Some people say it  is a depiction of the Free Mason and Illuminati ever since recent video has surfaced on the Internet entitled "The Blood Sacrifice." Which I have seen and that is all I will say.
Honestly I think many different meanings and messages are in the song as well as the video. I think an individual has to have an Appreciation for Art, History, and Theology to be able to rationalize all of this. Well according to Kanye the new album is no loner entitled "Good Ass Job" the title has been changed to "Dark Twisted Fantasy" and is slated for release on October 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment