Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Underrated Prince


"There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time." Malcolm X






I have always been passionate about African-American history and the Civil Rights movement but  there is one man I feel as though he never gets the credit he deserves is El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz better known as Malcolm X. Malcolm was honest, articulate, and ultimately another reason African-Americans were able become confident with themselves and challenge the establishment. There were many movers and shakers on the forefront during the the 1960s but in my personal opinion and observation Malcolm X was better than Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.


Some people say that Malcolm preached racism, black supremacy, antisemitism, and violence. I admire him for many things he was courageous and honest this man had the gumption to challenge the media and anyone who stood in his way. As for his attitude towards violence me and close friend of mine often disagree on this. Before I say anything else let me pose these question Is  any form self-defense wrong? Who is allowed to use self-defense? Just think about it. If everyone practiced the non-violent turn the other cheek philosophy then the Klu Klux Klan would still be able to incite fear and riots, Jim Crow would still be around, etc. My point is we don't live in a world where non-violence and racism does not exist.


Malcolm X influenced and inspired the The Black Panther Party for Self-Defense and this organization later inspired the formation for the Bloods and Crips these gangs had a different purpose when they were founded. I will enlighten in my next blog post. As for Malcolm brother I love you and miss you and I want to say thank you. You had the audacity to indite White America for her harsh treatment of African-Americans. I am grateful for you and what you have done more people should take the time to learn and understand this man.

No comments:

Post a Comment