Monday, August 19, 2013

Back in the Day When I Was Young




As I have said many times before I'm a 90's baby and I'm proud that I was born and raised in that decade. When music and television still reinforced positive messages singers could really sing, and actors could really act. As a little girl I have crushes on guys like Usher, Ginuwine, Tyrese, and Lee Thompson Young although from 1998-2002 I knew him as The Famous Jett Jackson. I am sad to say that he died today from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.





Lee Thompson Young was born on February 1, 1984 in Columbia, South Carolina at the age of ten he decided that he wanted to become an actor. In June of 1996 he moved to New York City a year later he auditioned for the role of The Famous Jett Jackson and the pilot was shot in 1998.  The show was a huge success he also starred in the film Johnny Tusnami. After The Famous Jett Jackson ended he made guest appearances CBS's The Guardian, he appeared in the film Friday Night Lights, Akeelah and the Bee, Redemption: The Tookie Williams Story, he also had a recurring role on the show Small Ville, UPN's drama South Beach. He was currently starring on the show Rizzoli & Isles.

Lee Thompson Young was a member of Kappa Alpha Psi and graduated with honors in Cinematic Arts from University of  Southern California. He was 29 years old may he rest in peace. I know we all die one day but it comes as a surprise because he was apart of my childhood. He was a handsome and talented actor with so much promise he will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment