Monday, March 28, 2011

Leaving the Nest

Well it had to happen at some point I guess. Matthew Knowles father and now former manager of Destiny's child and now his eldest daughter Beyonce' The two say that they have decided mutually that is time for them to part ways on a business level.

"I am grateful for everything he has taught me," Beyonce said in the statement. "I grew up watching both he and my mother manage and own their own businesses. They were hardworking entrepreneurs and I will continue to follow in their footsteps."



Knowles has managed his daughter since she debuted as a teen in the multi platinum-selling group Destiny's Child in the late 1990s and throughout her superstar career as a solo artist. Kelly Rowland parted with Knowles as her manager in 2009 and Williams followed a year later.In the statement, Beyonce stressed her devotion to her father on a personal level.



"He is my father for life and I love my dad dearly. I am grateful for everything he has taught me," Beyonce said. Knowles also got personal in his statement.



"Business is business and family is family. I love my daughter and am very proud of who she is and all that she has achieved. I look forward to her continued great success," he said.



Knowles and Beyonce's mother, Tina, divorced in 2009 after 29 years of marriage. Tina Knowles worked as a stylist for Destiny's Child and continues to style her daughter. Together they launched a clothing line, House of Dereon.Noel-Schure didn't comment on who Beyonce's new manager would be.




My Final Thoughts: Well Beyonce' turns 30 later this year and she is now married not to mention the fact that her parents are divorced so there might be some tension there. I think that she does not owe him anything but love and respect and he owes the same to her. I feel as though she will not stop being his daughter and he will not stop being her father. Janet left the nest Joe was a good dad and manager but his children had to grow up and display their independence. About 3 or 4 years ago Usher made that  same step and people disagreed that but I understood why he did it. If it doesn't work out maybe Beyonce' and her dad will work together I am sure it was not an easy decision to make I mean Kelly and Michelle did the same. Matthew has held their hand for a long time. Whatever Beyonce' does her dad has taught her the meaning of hard work and she could retire right now and be all good so it's no biggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment