Saturday, April 2, 2011

Words From Toni


Who am I? Toni La Nae Carter

What am I? Young, Gifted, and Black oh not to mention educated currently double majoring in Broadcasting News and Political Science seeking a minor concentration in African-American Studies. The new Vice-President of WKU's NAACP Chapter.




#Just Saying
Just because I have a short haircut and a athletic body that does not make me gay or less attractive so stop asking and assuming.
Also just because some of my friends are gay that does not make me gay I am just a young woman who respects all people and I don't pass judgement.
Just because I am dark skinned it does not mean I hate light skinned people.
Just because I am attracted to men outside my race it does not mean I dislike Black men.
I don't know why I am still single if I knew the answer I wouldn't be.
For the record I know my self-worth I am aware that Mr. Right does not want his textbooks used.
I am only seem harsh simply because I am just that sensitive.
Everyone does not deserve the chance to see my vulnerable side.
I say what I mean and mean what I say.
I am going to be this way today, tommorrow, and the day after.

No comments:

Post a Comment