Sunday, December 16, 2012

Black Jesus








Jacob sold me my first couple pieces
I was killing niggas who misunderstood what diseased did
Spent half a mill on a Ferrari, I could have leased it
Driving Scott Storch’s Bugatti before they released it
Drop The Documentary, rocking khakis with creases
Dope and hip hop, it resurfaced with some leeches
Ten times platinum, now I’m chilling where the beach is
Time to show the world what a motherfücking beast is
Blanca, bullet proof cars in Sri Lanka
12 years old, on his shoulder, a rocket launcher
10 thousand miles away, there’s an owner of a corner store
A white man walks in, spit shining his Audemar
While somewhere in Africa, Jo-Burg and Congo is going to war
Rebels enslaving they own people, digging water or
Get murdered cause that choppa is a carnivore
He found one and stole it, now the village tryna find that boy



The Game "Blood Diamonds" Verse 1





 

One of my favorite rappers is West Coast all star Jayceon Taylor aka "The Game" he just dropped his fifth studio album "Jesus Piece" and I must say it is awesome. I have purchased all of his albums and The Red Album was my least favorite but I still got love for The Game. The album cover has been sparking much controversey with its depiction of Jesus as a Black man wearing a red bandana. I love it his plan makes perfect sense if you like and understand The Game.


What's the concept? Why is it called "Jesus Piece?"
It is very simple there is no spiritual theme but instead there is "Gangster theme"of enjoying life while also having faith in God. He was baptized last year I think it is a possible for a gangster to restore his faith. Not to mention alot of rappers buy diamond  "Jesus Piece" chains.




"You want to believe in God, but you don't want to be criticized and ridiculed by people who think that they're better than you," "I don't want to feel like I can't love God or appreciate Jesus and have to put down that blunt. I want to smoke, maybe shower up, then go to church. Get the word, walk out of church, maybe smoke again, maybe hit up a strip club or two and do me, but I don't want to be ridiculed." The Game


Toni's Thoughts: Every song is banger great lyrical content and great production. The Game and Kendrick Lamar got the West Coast on lock they are Dr. Dre's greatest creations behind Snoop Dogg. Not to mention The Game is handsome but ladies he is off the market he is a family man.

No comments:

Post a Comment