Monday, February 4, 2013

I Want to Be Free






 Recently we have just lost another music legend  Leroy "Sugar Foot" Bonner singer, guitarist, and member of the The Ohio Players known for their hits "Fire," "Roller coaster," and "I Want to Be Free."




The Ohio Players had seven Top 40 hits in the 1970s,and helped define a movement that included Parliament Funkadelic and Kool & the Gang. The band's success stemmed partly from Bonner's playfully commanding lead vocals and gusto.The oldest of 14 children, Bonner ran away from home as a young teenager and played the harmonica on street corners for change. The Ohio Players were featured on TV One's Unsung music documentary series. All I have to say is rest in peace we miss you my parents and grandparents played The Ohio Players in the house and in the car. Sometimes when I'm having a bad I just listen to "I Want to Be Free."




The Ohio Players had a distinct sound that will never be duplicated and released some very provocative albums covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment