Monday, May 24, 2010

"Wake Up!" The Wrap Up

Have you ever heard the saying there is strength in numbers well clearly conservatives live by those words. The root of the uproar is a regular process in which the Texas Board of Education revises the state’s standards. Far more than in most states, the elected board is entrusted to write standards itself, rather than merely approve them. With a 10-5 Republican majority, including a coalition of seven social conservatives, the board has pushed what some see as a particularly partisan agenda. One thing that really disturbs me more than anything is the fan base behind this already on Facebook 1,835 people said they like this. I was always passionate about history but as I got older I had issues with my History class because it seems as though we only briefly discussed slavery and other things that affected African-Americans, briefly discussed the relationship between the Native Americans and English settlers. Many people man and women from differenet ethnicity backgrounds made contributions and endured many adversities that helped shaped this nation and it sad to see that people want to elminate those facts and justify all of this by so-called Christian idelology. Keep in mind I don't mind anyone being Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, all I am saying is I find that rather contradicting. To find out more about this topic feel free to conduct your search on CSMonitor.com and the article was written by Amanda Paulson.

No comments:

Post a Comment