Friday, November 19, 2010

A Decade of Country Grammar and Midwest Swang

Ten years ago in the fourth grade St. Louis rapper came into the music industry with different a swagger and party anthems his first anthem was Country Grammar originally called "Hot Shit". I remember me and my friends were so excited to see him on television and in magazines he was so cute. He had a St. Louis accent and a nice body. Whenever I was feeling down or needed a song to cheer me up I would listen to Nelly's music and wanted to party. Nelly's first two albums Country Grammar and Nellyville pushed him into super stardom.





Middle Finger Haters

Recently Nelly just celebrated another birthday, a huge comeback on the charts after lack luster reception from his last album Brass Knuckles even though it spawned two hits Party People feat. Fergie and Body on Me feat. Akon and then girlfriend Ashanti. Nelly's new album 5.0 is in stores now and he is recording music with his close friend Kelly Rowland once again. He has already appeared on her Commander Remix and she is lending her vocals to their song "Gone" it is supposed to be the sequel to their 2002 smash hit Dilemma.



Birthday Suite

Nelly put St. Louis on the map and he is still doing his thing. I love his rap style, swagger, body, image, and of course I got a pair of Apple Bottom Jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment