Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Favorite Thanksgiving Films




Thanksgiving is an annual holiday in America where we celerbrate by coming together with our famalies and eat large meals of food. Well I can only speak for myself and say that I do not eat that much because I really do not want all of that to go to my thighs. Anyway each year I have certain television specials and movies that I love to watch with my family. So here are top favortite movies to watch on Thanksgiving Day.

Now naturally this would be the number 1 movie on the list. It has all of the elements of a Thanksgiving Day fights, love, comdey, hurt, etc. Oh yeah and did I mention that the soundtrack was off the chain damn I miss the 90's music.






I did not grow up in the Civil Rights Era but my parents did but it is safe to say that I am an old soul at heart. The film was released in 1975 but the film took place in 1964. Four friends that are pulling pranks and living their lives as high school students on the South side of Chicago. One of my favortie sceens in the film is when Preach and his friends cut class for two periods, go to the zoo and gorilla throws poop on their shirts, they eventually go back class but smelling like gorilla shit eww. This film also had a bad ass soundtrack all of the songs are from the early years of Motown Records aka Hitsville U.S.A.






Ease on down, ease on down the road! Now you know I could not complete this countdown without putting 'The Wiz" on here. Released by Berry Gordy in the 1970s it did not do well at the box office but still became a cult classic among African-American audiences. The film begins with Dorothy and her family at Thanksgiving dinner and it is always shown on Thanksgiving Day. A close friend of mine said he saw the movie was terrible now I'm not trying to be mean but he is Hispanic sweetie its a Black thing when it comes to this movie. Great music and all star cast Nipsey Russell, Lena Horne, Diana Ross, Micheal Jackson, Luther Vandross towards the end.



I love the Jackson Family and their music but for me they are one of my biggest inspirations. They came from humble beginnings and became the first family of pop and soul music without them the Osmonds would not have someone to try and imitate. That is right I said it. I do not give a damn about what the media says because I know how to understand the truth and analyze stories. Joe Jackson is and was the best manager period and he was a great father and Katherine knew her part. How many men do you know will marry a woman and take care of 9 kids with her? Exactly some men will not even take care of one child.

No comments:

Post a Comment