Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It's Simple as 1,2,3,4!

Some things in life are just simple and some people are just simple. Although I think it is fair to say that there is nothing simple about Beyonce' especially this year. She is truly all grown up she is approaching her 30th birthday this fall. It has been 3 years since Beyonce' released her third solo album 2008's I Am Sasha Fierce.


So why has she taken a break? That's an easy answer the girl never has a time to sit on her ass and relax I mean sure she has achieved and she is living her childhood dream but I am sure all that work is very demanding. But if you pay attention this isn't the first time she has released an album within a three span. Her first solo album was released in Summer 2003, Sophomore solo album released in Fall 2006, and third solo album Fall 2008. It's just that she stays on tour for a long time and that is a smart move because tours are bread and butter. In the music industry the artist gets paid last so you need to turn yourself into a brand write your own music, produce your own music, or rack endorsements and tour to keep the Feds and the label off your ass.


What has she done during the break? “I’m approaching 30, and finally took a break in my life, which I’ve never had. I took more than a year off: I traveled around, spent time with my husband, woke up in my own bed, ate whatever I wanted, went to museums and Broadway plays, watched documentaries, and just had life experiences. I never get to go to concerts because I’m usually performing, so I saw so many shows—great bands, like Muse and Rage Against the Machine, that also inspired the album. There were a lot of artists I’d never been exposed to: I’m like a sponge and soak everything up, and I learned so much from watching these great performers.”






Why is her father no longer her manger?  Beyonce' says: "It's not that anything bad happened between us. My family has my support always, and they support me, but when you've been working with the same people for 15 years, it's natural to eventually have your own ideas," she told Billboard. "I believe that parents prepare their kids for the moment that they're on their own: at this point, I'm taking everything my dad and my mother have taught me, and I'm able to do things my way. We were at a point where we'd learned so much from each other, and now it's exciting for me to do this on my own and hire my own team. I've started managing myself."


Why is the new album entitled 4? Beyonce' says "It’s 4, as in … yes, her fourth solo album. But she says it has other significance, too: “We all have special numbers in our lives, and 4 is that for me. It’s the day I was born. My mother’s birthday, and a lot of my friends’ birthdays, are on the fourth; April 4 is my wedding date.”


Final Word: “Having time to grow as a human being was really inspiring, and gave me a lot to pull from. I’m excited about growing: I can just have fun, and the artistic freedom to do whatever I want. At this point, I really know who I am, and don’t feel like I have to put myself in a box. I’m not afraid of taking risks – no one can define me.”







My Final Thoughts: Beyonce' is still my girl I love a person that is passionate about their craft and they have the chance to live their dream its very inspiring and fulfilling. I admit I do not like that single Who Runs the World (Girls) but I'm glad she recycled her song "Get Me Bodied" and released "Move Your Body." The song is apart of the Get Fit campaign something being endorsed by First Lady Michelle Obama and Beyonce' was asked to help endorse and participate so that is the purpose behind "Move Your Body." I really like the video and the song I can do it the gym. If she wants to retire after this its all good she has a strong work ethic she is an entertainer she does her job very well. I still apart of Team Beyonce' I 'm loyal until the casket drops.

No comments:

Post a Comment