Tuesday, January 1, 2013

We Are Not About That Life








Spike Lee and Katt Williams have one thing in common besides being famous African American actors and producers. Both of them have expressed their contempt with the new film"Django Unchained" and I am on their side. I refuse to go see this movie the same way I refused to see "The Help" I'm not brainwashed with the bullshit. Excuse my language but I must be frank about this.




Django Unchained is nothing but a White filmmakers romanticized version of the African American slave experience in America, 2013 marks the 150 anniversary since my ancestors were set free and when you think about it that is really not a long time ago. I refuse to see this movie for a brief stupid moment I thought about seeing this movie but then I realized there is no hell I'm paying my hard earned money to see a film that would be similar to the Western films of the 1960s. 




What Did Spike Lee say? “American Slavery Was Not A Sergio Leone Spaghetti Western. It Was A Holocaust. My Ancestors Are Slaves.Stolen From Africa. I Will Honor Them,” Lee tweeted.





What Did Katt Williams say? Katt Williams said he would punch the filmmaker in the face. The ‘Scary Movie 5′ actor said “Quentin Tarantino thinks he can say the N-word. But I checked with all of Ni**adom and nobody knows where he got his pass from. I hope he didn’t get it from Samuel L. Jackson and Jamie Foxx cause they aren’t going to help you when I see you.”





 
When a TMZ photographer tried to compare Tarantino to Steven Spielberg, who used the word in his 1997 historical drama ‘Amistad,’ Williams said “Quentin Tarantino is no Steven Spielberg. Steven Spielberg doesn’t wanna be black, Quentin Tarantino thinks he is. So when he meets a real ni**a, we’ll see if he is or not.”




 


The Original "Django"..... Django is an 1966 Italian Spaghetti Western film directed by Sergio Corbucci. The gist of the plot is Django is a drifter who drags around a closed coffin. He rescues a young woman, MarĂ­a (Loredana Nusciak), from being murdered by bandits led by Major Jackson (Eduardo Fajardo) a man on whom Django is seeking revenge for the murder of his wife. The film spawned many sequels and was considered one of the most violent films of its time.

Toni Thoughts: All I have to say wake up pay attention do not be so naive.

No comments:

Post a Comment