Sunday, June 23, 2013

That Hot Ish... Born Sinner




[Verse 1: J. Cole]
Ey yo, I walked through the valley of the shadow of death
When niggas hold tec’s like they mad at the ref
That’s why I keep a cross on my chest, either that or a vest
Do you believe that Eve had Adam in check? And if so
You gotta expect that to sip juice from the forbidden fruit and get loose
Cole is the king, most definite
My little black book thicker than the old testament
Niggas pay for head but the pussy sold separate
Same bitch giving brains to the minister
The same reason they call Mr. Cee “the finisher”
Forbidden fruit, watch for the Adam’s apple
Slick with words don’t hate me, son
What you eat don’t make me shit and who you f-ck don’t make me come
Put a price on my head won’t make me run, try to kill me but it can’t be done
Cause my words gon’ live forever
You put two and two together Cole here forever


"Forbidden Fruit" J.Cole feat. Kendrick Lamar








"It was just time for something new. I wouldn't have minded doing it again but I felt that I closed that story. "That metaphor and that storyline had really ended. Metaphorically I was just a kid working to get on this basketball team, got cut — that was The Come Up, then The Warm Up was like, alright I made the team, I'm on the team, now what? I'm not in the game, I'll just ride the end of the bench. Then Friday Night Lights was like 'come on man, you're still not gonna put me in the game? What I gotta do? Here, I'm gonna kill it in practice.Sideline Story was like, Wow, I really am starting now, and I feel like I ended that chapter when it's all said and done. Plus, this new theme is really more reflective of where I'm at and where I've been at for the past two years, so it was just perfect to move on." J. Cole





Track List
1."Villuminati"
2. "Kerney Sermon (Skit)"  
3. "LAnd of the Snakes"
4. "Power Trip." feat Miguel
5. "Mo Money (Interlude)"
6.  "Trouble"
7. "Runaway"
8.  "She Knows ( Amber Coffman)"
9. "Rich Niggaz"
10. "Where's Jermaine ( Skit)"
11. "Forbidden Fruit"
12. "Chaining Day"
13. "Ain't that Some Shit" (Interlude)
14. "Crooked Smile" feat. TLC
15. "Let Nas Down"
16. "Born Sinner" feat. Faunterloy

Toni's Thoughts: I love Kanye West but J. Cole was on to something when he wanted to release his album the same day as Kanye. I will purchase the album later this week he is really onto something. When you think about it we are all "Born Sinners" the concept is very creative and the lyrical content is strong. I love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment