Sunday, June 23, 2013

The One That Started It All..... Dangerously In Love




Ten years ago this summer there was a song burning up the airwaves "Crazy In Love" I remember it like it was yesterday because I was in middle school. BeyoncĂ©'s first solo album was released and became a monster hit her record label said she would not have one hit from the album. Well instead she has five #1 hits she brought down the house at every award show,  she set trends,  and she set standards. Even though I was 11 almost 12 at the time the album was a wonderful piece of Contemporary R&B.  I was young but I was able to understand the lyrics and arrangements because I was writing songs and had my first puppy love at this time.I understand that one must evolve and reinvent themselves but I really want BeyoncĂ©' to return to this genre of music. I'm still a fan but in my opinion this album and B'Day were her best pieces of work. The lyrical content was intimate and alluded to her relationship with Jay-Z who was her boyfriend at the time; I mean with songs like "Speechless" and "Gift From Virgo" you know who she is talking about.




Hit Singles: " Crazy In Love," "Naughty Girl," "Baby Boy,"  "The Closer I Get to You," and "Me, Myself, and I."




Grammy Awards: She earned 5 Grammy Awards for this album and she did an amazing performance with Prince that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment