Wednesday, June 1, 2011

America's Original Blonde Bombshell


Marilyn Monroe



"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."



- Marilyn Monroe  ♥



Today would've have been her 85th birthday the life of this singer, actress, and model is rather interesting like a song it had it high notes and the song had its low notes. I admit one day when my sophomore in high school in my English class I called her a beautiful whore and my teacher was offended. Maybe that was kind of harsh considering I have never met the woman a day in my life. I will say according to my research it seems as though men took advantage of her and used and she did not have the oppourtunity to find happiness and love that she deserved.



Before the Glits and Glamour and the Unfortunate Pitfall: Born as Norma Jeane Mortenson although she was baptized as Norma Jeane Baker.  She never knew her father and due to her mother's instability she spent much of her childhood in orphanges and became adopted by a strict Jewish family. Although her mother did visit her during her time frequently visit her young Monroe during her time at the orphange. She would bring her shoes, clothes, and makeup she was taught how to apply makeup at an early age.





Why America loved her so much? Her name brings beauty and sensuality, with a note of innocence, to the minds of those who hear it. Marilyn Monroe dominated the age of movie stars to become, without question, one of the most famous women of the 20th century. During her career, Monroe made 30 films and left one, "Something's Got to Give," unfinished. A worldwide sensation in her lifetime, Monroe's popularity made her much more than a star; she became an American icon.



Her Resume: Marilyn Monroe's career as an actress spanned 16 years. She made 29 films, 24 in the first 8 years of her career.



Unforgettable Career Moment:  Monroe graced the first issue and cover of Playboy magazine in 1953.



In her personal life Monore was married three times and all of the marriages ended in divorce also suffered two miscarriages and an ectopic pregancy. Also she was rumored to have affairs with Marlon Brando with whom she remained friends until her death as well as President John F. Kennedy. Here is one more quote I found very interesting that she had to say about Hollywood it touched me because it has a deep meaning behind it.



In her final years of life Monroe was marked by illness, personal problems, and had a reputation for being difficult and unreliable to work with. Her cause of death was an accidental overdose barbiturates. Although it has also been classified as a high chance of homocide. She died on August 5,  1962 at the age of 36. She has been cited as the 6th  greatest female film star of all time as well as pop cultural icon and sex symbol.



"Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul"










No comments:

Post a Comment