Sunday, June 26, 2011

Turn A Page or Two



In my free time I often read and write and one of my favorite authors is Omar Tyree. One my favorite books in his collection is Flyy Girl. My mother gave me the book in the 7th grade each morning at my middle school we had to read in the morning for 30 to 45 minutes before we began our day. Of coarse it was at least our personal book of choice. I loved reading this book apart of me wanted to be like the character Tracy in middle school I was bullied for having dark skin and not wearing name brand clothes. My only escape was playing basketball, a close friend, and singing and writing songs at home in my room. At the time I didn't understand why mother made me read this book at the time now that I'm older I understand why she wanted to read it.



Author Omar Tyree


So what is it about? Brief Summary........ Tracey Ellis is a young woman born and raised in Philadelphia, PA she was raised in the suburbs in an affluent neighborhood so she has the chance to attend the best schools. In the beginning she lives with both of her parents and the focus is on them eventually the relationship goes sour and her parents opted to separate for awhile instead of divorce one another. So she is primarily raised by her mother and her father's absence doesn't affect her much.  At the age of 13 every begins to change for Tracey she hits puberty rather early and her body is very well developed. Her mother becomes pregnant with Tracey's brother Jason and Tracey becomes interested in sex, drugs, and living life in the fast lane. Tracey knows she is a bad bitch hazel eyes, caramel skin, and all round dime piece as the story progresses she begins to reevaluate her life. Buy it on Amazon.com or stop by Barnes and Nobles.

Why do I like the book; Why do I recommend it? Well like I said before apart of me wanted to be like Tracey hell apart still does if I wasn't so responsible I mean we all have an alter ego or perhaps dark side. Although I feel as though there is a main theme and great lesson to be learned just be yourself and content with what you have which is sometimes easier said than done. But if you read this book you can understand those words or just keep living your life and learn this and many other lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment