Sunday, June 26, 2011

Birthday Girl.......

Arriving at her birthday celebration in Las Vegas


Solange Knowles recently turned  25 on June 24 and I am dedicating this post to her for two reasons. I just wanted to say Happy Birthday girl and I love her music. Her first album was not successful and I did feel the vibe of the music but the second time around she released her sophomore Sol-Angel and the Hadley St. Dreams in Fall 2008. Man I'm so ready for Solange to release another album in a since she reminds of Janet Jackson; Janet had a hard time getting her career off the ground because she was being compared to her successful older brothers especially Michael but by the time her second album Control was released in 1986 things started to change. I feel as though that is exactly what is going on with Solange.
Solange and her son Julez

Also another reason I think she is becoming a star in her own right is because she is just being herself,  she is not trying to be like her big sister Beyonce',the style of music she is singing, and getting married;divorced,and having a child at a young age inspires an individual to write and sing. I mean all kinds of emotions come about. At the moment Solange is raising her son Julez and exploring business ventures. Another thing I have noticed is her voice has gotten stronger vocally and I love that she sings songs that very reminiscent of the Motown sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment