Wednesday, April 25, 2012

It's Been 10 Years.... We Miss You Left Eye






Ten years ago today my heart was broken when I learned that Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez from TLC died in a car crash. I did not know her personally but I'm a 90's baby so I grew up on TLC so it felt like losing a friend or family member. TLC changed the music game and inspired so many people wiith safe sex message and party anthems. Left Eye had her own signature rap style. According to band mates T-Boz and Chilli she was playful and hot tempered in a good way and loved the media she felt as though all press is good press.  Can you imagine her being on Twitter and Facebook? I really hope we don't lost anybody else this year we just lost Heavy D, Etta James, Don Cornelius, and Whitney Houston although we are here on earth with borrowed time.





Waterfalls 1995
Left Eye's Rap
I seen a rainbow yesterday
But too many storms have come and
Leavin a trace of not one God given ray
You say because my life is ten shades of grey
I prey all ten fade away
Seldom praise him for the sunny days
And like his promise is true
Only my faith can undo
The many chances I blew
To bring my life to anew
Clear blue and unconditional skies
Have dried the tears from my eyes
No more lonely cries
My only bleedin hope
Is for the folk who cant cope
Wit such an endurin pain
That it keeps em in the puourin rain
Whos to blame
For tootin caine in your own vein
What a shame
You shoot and aim for someone elses brain
You claim the insane
And name this day and time
For fallin prey to crime
I say the system got you victim to your own mind
Dreams are hopeless aspirations
In hopes of comin true
Believe in yourself
The rest is up to me and you

No comments:

Post a Comment