Saturday, August 4, 2012

Can You Say Down Grade?






"I thought I was getting a fuck buddy, but I ended up with a baby momma."

Stevie J and Mimi



I was watching Love and Hip Hop Atlanta a few weeks back and I was wondering about the term "Baby Momma." Yes I watch some reality shows and this is one of them personally the shock factor draws my attention. I noticed almost all of the men on the show made a reference to a "Baby Momma."




   According to the Urban Dictionary  Baby Momma is defined as 1.The mother of a man's child when the parents are not married. 2. The mother of one's child. The connotation is that mother and father do not and never did have any relationship beyond being sex partners. Or this is a woman a man must tolerate because they have child together or they are in a relationship but may not be married. The same thing goes on with a "Baby Daddy."
P.Diddy and Kim Porter his on and off again girlfriend


I am not perfect but I must say I'm not fond of more and more women becoming a Baby Momma now granted  I understand that in life shit happens although I do not think a man or woman should settle for being a "Baby Momma" or "Baby Daddy." Since when did this become the norm? One day I want to be married and have at least three children with my husband I want to be a wife being "Baby Momma" is not good enough for me. Sure marriage has pros and cons but I feel as though some confusion can be avoided if two people become married it does provide some stability. Besides when he becomes involved with another woman being a "Baby Momma" doesn't carry weight when you really need it to. If he wants sex from another woman if he gets tired of you the man will move on to the next, women do the same with men.

Terrell Owens Baby Mommas


Could it be more kids are being raised in single parent homes? Maybe since sex got to easier to get, love became harder to find. I was raised with both parents and it has been bittersweet but my mom and dad are still married, my grandparents have been married for decades, my aunts, uncles, and older cousins as well. I was just wondering am I crazy for not wanting to become a "Baby Momma" and am I crazy for thinking it should not become the norm.

No comments:

Post a Comment