Saturday, August 25, 2012

Falling On Hard Tmes and Eating Slices of Humble Pie



Disclaimer: Domestic violence is terrible thing although men be cautious about the woman you decide to marry and ladies be cautious about the guy you decide to marry as well.


Chad Johnson formerly known as OchoCinco the football star who has played most of his career for Cincinnati Bengals and was traded to the New England where he played his first Superbowl Game only to be traded to Miami Dolphins at the time it was good thing because Chad is from Miami and Reggie Bush is a member of the squad.

Chad met Basketball Wives reality television star Evelyn Lozada in 2010 and proposed to her later that year. The two wed on July 4, 2012.  Unfortunately things came to a crashing halt.



On August 11, 2012, Johnson was arrested on a charge of domestic violence as reported by the police in Davie, Florida. Johnson allegedly headbutted his wife following an argument that began over a receipt for a box of condoms found in the couple's car. Johnson was released the following afternoon on $2,500 bond. On August 14, 2012, Lozada filed for divorce, claiming her marriage to Johnson was "irretrievably broken."




Following the arrest, Johnson released a statement through his celebrity gossip and sports website OCNN.com
"I would like to apologize to everyone for the recent events that have occurred. I would like to wish Evelyn well and will never say anything bad about her because I truly love her to death. I will continue to be positive and train hard for another opportunity in the NFL. To all the fans and supporters I have disappointed, you have my sincerest apologies. I will stay positive and get through this tough period in my life."


Toni's Thoughts: Chad Johnson never had a criminal record expect for an incident that occurred in college. I don't think it was necessary for him to be released from the Miami Dolphins. Here is my thing Chad has been known to be arrogant so this is a life lesson he can learn from also domestic violence is wrong. Although I thought it was ironic for Evelyn to say he has issues with his anger after we have seen her lash out, fight, bully, throw bottles, run across tables, and have various verbal disputes on television. Chad is a very talented athlete and I hope he can redeem himself from this situation. I give him credit for not wanting to speak about Evelyn even though I'm not a fan of her. Hopefully the both of them can move on with their lives accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment