Thursday, October 7, 2010

Team Heterosexual

Disclaimer: The purpose of this blog is to be able to discuss a variation of topics whether it be Politics, Sex, Music, etc. Most of this comes from personal experinces and observations as well as conversations with friends and associates. This paticular post is not intended to bash any member the gay and bi-sexual community.
HETEROSEXUAL
I think people are always evolving and our society has a history of jumping on bandwagons and breaking the rules. Personally through my own observation I feel as though by 2003 homosexuality became popular and in 2005 bi-sexuality was widely accepted. Now I am not saying that everyone is fond of homosexuality and bi-sexuality because it has become a social issue as well as a political issue.  In fact many people are opposed to gay marriage and even though I am not opposed gay marriage I have heard and anaylzed very compelling arguements against it. But it seems as though straight men and women don't get enough love or sometimes seem taboo simply because they don't want anything in between.



Heterosexual: A person sexually attracted to persons of the opposite sex. Or a person who has sexual relations with the opposite sex. Colloquially known as "straight." I'm a college student and I have heard some of my peers say : "Uh who is straight anymore?" "Let's have more gay people, let's have more bi-sexual people?" I admit snark comments like that kill my nerves because for me its like well I didn't ask you why you are gay or bi-sexual so don't get pissy about me being straight.  Hell we don't have Pride Weekends and parades. What is up the rainbow being considered a homosexual connation? Why is the mohawk now labeled as the gay guy's hairstyle? I just want to know....


From music, movies, commercials, etc. people are advertising to market the homosexuality audience. One thing that is already becoming cliche' to me is when a character in a movie or television series is cheating on their signficgant other; they are usually cheating with someone of the same sex. Some people also say that in order to prove themselves in the world of film they must step outside their comfort zone and portray a homosexual or bi-sexual character. I disagree with that statement an individual can still showcase their talent with limitations and they shouldn't have to apologize for that. Denzel Washington is a leading man and has never portrayed a homosexual or bi-sexual I also read that he asked his agents and directors to keep that out of his contracts. He is an Academy Award winner so it can be done.






I feel as though all men and women should always respect another person's sexuality. Love is genderless it also colorless. Recently six teenagers have committed suicide because they have endured much ridicule simply because they were homosexuals. Nothing in life is easy in fact life itself is a constant struggle so please don't disrespect another person  because of their sexuality. I wrote this post because as a heterosexual woman sometimes I must be able to express my thoughts I have gay and bi-sexual friends and we have a great friendships but this is something that has been lingering in the back of my mind. So that is why I'm representing for Team Hetero!

No comments:

Post a Comment