Monday, April 18, 2011

New Decade, New Rules..... Who Could It Be Now?



In 1996 the film Scream hit the silverscreen nationwide and people loved it I was only 5 years at the time although I saw the movie with the supervision of my older cousins. It did scare me but I enjoyed the supsense and I watched Scream 2, and Scream 3, but now it's 2011 and people came back for more because Scream 4 hit the silvercreen nationwide 16 years since the first film and 11 years after the last film.


What Made Us Fall In Love With Scream? Scream was notable in the genre for casting already established and successful actors which was considered to have helped it find a wider audience including a significant female viewership.

Members of the Cast in Scream 1996



Scream was credited with revitalizing the horror genre in the 1990s, which was considered to be almost dead following an influx of straight-to-DVD titles and numerous sequels to established horror franchises of the 70s and 80s which were drawing both decreasing financial and critical success, by recognizing and exploiting the cliché that films in the genre had become reliant upon.

After 2 Sequels What's Going On? Sidney Prescott returns home to promote her book and on the fifteenth anniversary of the Woodsboro massacure by Billy Loomis and Stu Macher another group of students are attacked by a new Ghostface. Thats all I know for now I have heard some good reviews about the movie and some negative reviews. Obviously it will never be a great as the first film but I will say I still want to see Scream 4. It is one of my favorite movie franchises.

No comments:

Post a Comment